Dear CREAgeous Friends,
This has been a tumultuous time in our country, the election is now over and no matter your political leanings this will be a time that is going to bring change. And as we know Change is never easy. I think the most important thing we can each do is stay grounded….grounded in our deepest Selves, grounded in our families and our communities and grounded in our hearts.
There has been so much divisiveness it is now time to take stock and find areas in our individual lives and hearts where we need to create more loving connection….and that starts within ourselves. If we are each responsible for our dark sides; our hatred, our fear, our jealousy, our rage…if we can shine light on these areas within ourselves we can bring awareness and responsibility there and not act this darkness out into the world. This takes a great deal of self examination and courage….creative courage….or CREAgeousness! This change, within and without, needs to be creative ….coming from a deep place of wisdom and not from our limited left brain!
I believe that an important aspect of creating any change is to stay grounded. By this I mean the ability to stay out of our heads and in our bodies, to feel fully what emotions are arising and to allow them to flow. Being grounded is being connected to the earth and the intimacy of life all around us. Being grounded is being deeply connect to the present moment.
Being grounded is what helps us from getting pulled by all the ups and downs of life and change.
10 Ways to Get Grounded…….
- Stop and notice your Breathing. No judging, just notice.
- Roll your shoulders forward and then backward four or times. Notice the tension release as you breathe and move your body.
- Use a stop light as an opportunity to take a deep, relaxing breath.
- Stand without your shoes and feel your feel touching the ground. Feel the support on your toes, your heals and the insteps of your feet.
- Take a walk outside and notice the trees around you. Trees are a wonderful example to us–their roots firmly planted and branches reaching high.
- Imagine roots coming from the bottom of your feet into the ground to firmly tie you to the core of the earth. Feel the energy coming up from the earth into your body with any excess flowing back down into the earth.
- Observe your thoughts. Yes, just stop and notice what you were thinking. Are you off in the ozone or present to your current experience.
- Give yoga or tai chi a try. These ancient practices get us into our bodies and slow us down to become aware of our movements.
- When the weather cooperates, get outside to be on the ground or to garden. Nothing like getting our hands in dirt to get us grounded and present.
- Do regular grounding meditations. Google and you will find many meditations to listen to!
Being present and connected to your body and the earth will give you great resources of energy. And stopping to re-ground when you find yourself spinning into over thinking or fearful imaginings will keep the energy flowing in a positive way.
May our inner and outer world reflect the love and hope deep in our hearts.
at CREAgeous Living Studio in Nyack
SATURDAY DECEMBER, 3rd – 12:30 – 430
Come join a group of like-spirited women and explore with intention how you want to move through the fall and into winter. Discover and move through what might be blocking you from what you most want to achieve. Let us dig deep together and enjoy this engaging collage process to gain clarity about our dreams and visions.
All materials provided
Your Investment – $67
For more information and Registration:
PLAN FOR THE NEW YEAR NOW !!!
a full day creativity retreat for women
Saturday January, 7th – 9 – 5
What could be more delicious than giving yourself the whole day to be with yourself and a group of like-spirited women creating to your hearts content…or napping…or walking to the river…whatever feeds your soul in the moment!
For more information and Registration:
JUICY ALIVENESS ON STEROIDS:
a 4 month program for woman over 50!
March – June 2017
MORE INFORMATION TO COME SOON!